Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sachin a la re

India need 607 runs to win the 3rd test and thereby the series.
We've already lost 2 of our best bats while the score was on 8.
Where do we go from here? It might go the way most Indian 2nd innings collapses go.We get all out for under 200 with zaheer khan and pathan probably chipping in a bit to get the score to near 200. Sachin gets out for 27.
Or we could see the innings I have been yearning for. A Sachin masterpiece. I think we'd still lose. But for once..for once I'd like to see the Sachin of old. And I saw a glimpse of it today when we cut and pulled Shoaib 'crooked - arm - due - to genetic - reasons' Akhtar to the fence. No one cuts the bowler to size as Sachin does. I remember the time ( not too far ago ) when watching Sachin bat was pure joy. Nowadays im not interested when he comes in.

No comments: