Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mor-e

Where is more and more technology taking us?
Is it making the quality of our life better? And when I say life I don't mean the things you do from morning till night. I don't mean the activities or people in your life. I mean your LIFE.
Is more technology the need of the hour? ( this thought has been put into my head by Eckhart Tolle ) What is knowledge without wisdom?

An interesting theory by Osho on technology and 'fast' food and 'fast' love and fast 'whatever'. Osho says it is Christianity which has brought about this concept of doing everything fast. No, he is not blaming Christianity. Listen to the reason he states. Made sense to me. Christianity does not believe in reincarnation. So this life here now is all you get and therefore you need to do EVERYTHING in this short time. Which is the exact opposite of Hinduism where everyone is easygoing and will wait for a couple of years or decades or lifetimes before getting something done.
(That is how the 'Hindu rate of growth' came up). Guess we probably need a judicious mix of both.

Look at this story I found in rediff The Dang Story . Its seems straight out of a Suresh Gopi flick. Its so typical of our country, it does not shock us anymore.

1 comment:

Krishnan said...

@rani - who this be me non?