Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Paul Barber

Everybody in a barber shop knows everybody else. Im the only guy who does not know anyone. And I always get the apprentice barber to do my hair. Looking at my hair you'd think he'd finish in 5 minutes. Nope, he took 45 minutes to cut my hair today. Was very meticulous in what he was doing. I believe he counts the hair before cutting it. Must check his log to find out how much I have left.
And the discussion in there are always polemical ( dictionary.com). I think every politician in the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and the State legislatures should get their hair cut everyday just so that they can understand how to run the country.
And if Dravid is very lucky and its his day, he might get some helpful advice too ( he missed today's ). I've heard that barbers have their own discussion forums on Tuesdays from early morning till midnight ( now u know why they're closed on Tuesdays) where they decide on the topics to be discussed in their shops for the next week. I hear this week its Bird Flu, Bush's visit, Piyush Chawla and the new KamaSutra ad.

2 comments:

Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

Barber Shop Back home always provided a hot political atmos you know. Be It Left Liberalist or Right Wing or Central Forward Block :))

BTW - what is the new Kamasutra Ad ? :p

Krishnan said...

@dhanush - i knew u wud come back with that :-) There's no ad. Its colled blogettic license